UK Passport Photo Size Guide
This short guide points out the most common queries for taking a Passport Photo such as the Passport Photo Size for the UK. You may find more information here or you may contact the Passport Advice line
The size of your Passport Photo
Your Passport Photo must be:
- 45mm high by 35mm wide (The standard size within our App).
- the image of you must be from the crown of your head to your chin at least 29mm but no more than 34mm high
Quality of your Passport Photo
Your photo should:
- have a white or off-white background
- be clear and in focus
- have little to no shadow on your face or behind you
- use white/natural light
- have no other objects or people
- have a clear contrast from the background
- show you facing forward and looking directly into the camera lens
- free from reflection or glare from glasses and not obstructed by glasses frames
- not have hair covering eyes
- not have hair outside of photo frame
Photos of Children & Babies
Children must be on their own in the picture. Babies must not be holding toys or using dummies.
Children under 6 don’t have to be looking directly at the camera or have a neutral expression.
Children under one don’t have to have their eyes open. If their head is supported by a hand, the hand mustn’t be visible in the photo.
If you would like any further information on our service please visit our contact us page and we will be happy to help.